The KERN idea: holistic spindle service for sustainable success
Cost savings by maximizing spindle power
Our goal for each customer: cost savings by maximizing spindle performance. We succeed if the spindle is optimally adapted to your individual operating condition in the machine. Therefore, repair measures focusing on the spindle alone often represent only a part of the big picture.
In order to generate long-term cost savings, it is often worthwhile, in addition to technically repairing and optimizing the machine spindle, to analyze the spindle “environment” in the machine more precisely in order to detect decisive reasons for failure and to avoid them in future. All our services are based on this idea.
For a smooth symbiosis between spindle and machine
KERN has established itself as a holistic expert for spindle repairs and spindle servicing of all makes as well as for fixing possible reasons for failure in the spindle environment of the machine. In cooperation with our customers – from medium-sized companies to large corporations – we develop holistic solutions with regard to the spindle-machine environment and create a smooth symbiosis between spindle and machine.
With our comprehensive and closely interlocked services, you will benefit from a worthwhile, long-term alternative to machine manufacturers and costly replacement spindles.
Holistic repair, optimization and modification of spindles.
Services that go beyond mere repair: we advise you individually, service your grinding, turning or milling spindle and ensure that future failures are avoided. Our goal: to make your motor or belt spindle more efficient than if it were new.
Telephone expert advice or on-site analysis regarding your machine.
The spindle environment always in view: our consulting concept is based on close customer contact: only if we know you and your requirements exactly can we ensure that spindle and machine run optimally.
Preventive maintenance for maximum safety for your plants.
For long-term satisfaction: with preventive maintenance measures, we ensure that the interaction between spindle and machine works optimally in the long term and that failures are prevented.
“Whether for repair, consulting or service – quality is the top priority for all KERN services.”
Your benefits as a customer
- We are manufacturer-independent: KERN repairs and optimizes all spindle types from all manufacturers.
- We are neutral, objective, individual: we guarantee you individual on-site consulting – specially tailored to your needs.
- We are modern and innovative: you can rely on state-of-the-art assembly technology
- We are fast and reliable: we offer express repairs within 5 to 8 working days – regardless of the damage. In the case of restocking, even within 3 working days.
- We are reachable worldwide: our partner network supplies customers around the world.
A success concept – our service process
On request: individual telephone consultation
Ask us your question about anything “spindle”! We give you tailor-made advice about your problem, free of charge, and look for an optimal solution. We are happy to give you valuable tips on preventive maintenance – and on other topics as well.
Spindle is sent to the KERN branch office
If you need repair or analysis, send your spindle to us. On request we organize the dismantling and transport for you.
Detailed failure analysis
- Leak testing
- IKZ testing
- Free testing of all electronic and mechanical components
- Innovative failure report with complete photo documentation for you
Preparation of the quote, approval of the customer
Based on our failure analysis, we create and send you a detailed estimate.
Only after acceptance and release do we start with the spindle repair.
We prepare your spindle:
- Cleaning using new, innovative cleaning technology with 1 µ filter technology
- Chromium-plating/grinding of the bearing seats
- Production of parts
- Preparation of HSK/SK
We implement your spindle and optimize it:
- Vibration reduction of the rotating components
- Adjustment of the electrical and mechanical components
- Technical optimization if necessary
Test field and inspection
We test your spindle using the most modern test technology:
- Mobile precision balancing of the spindle
- Another leakage test
- Testing of electrical and mechanical components
- Individual test protocols (BCU-bearing values, vibration values, etc.)
- Professional Dispatch
When your repaired spindle is successfully put into operation, that is just the beginning of the service provided by KERN: We advise you in the long term, give you technical support and are at your disposal for further inquiries and detailed information at any time.
We look forward to your call/inquiry